Saturday, April 10, 2010

Yardwork and swimming

I've been taking advantage of the nice weather to do some yardwork around the place for the past several weeks. I've been bugged for a long time by the fact that our deck stairs lead directly into a flower bed, and we had a lot of bricks around the yard left over from other stuff, so I spent Good Friday last week making a brick walk. I'm pretty proud of it!


As you can see, I also put down mulch and put up the little flag with a picture that Ian made on it next to the garden gnome he picked out for the yard last year.


I also planted a bunch of flower bulbs and some annual seeds as well---we'll see if any thing comes up! We still have a lot of bricks left over, so Clint and I are trying to decide if we want to use them to build a barbecue pit or a bench or something else.

Our cherry tree in the back is now blooming, and some red azaleas are just budding in the front---maybe I can have pictures of them by next week!


On other fronts, Ian has started swimming lessons at the local rec center, and is having a blast. I'm so glad he is able to take them at this age. Some of the kids in his class who are starting at older ages are afraid of the water.


After spending about a year telling everyone that he wanted to be a jockey (he's probably going to be over six feet tall, so no chance of that!), Ian now wants to an OB-GYN. Well, that's not exactly what he says; he says he wants to be "the doctor that help the babies come out of the mommy's tummy." We gave him an anatomy book for Christmas that he just loves and often sleeps with. Clint went in to check on him one night, and found this scene:

No comments: