Sunday, January 12, 2014

Lemon-glazed donut holes

This weekend I tried making this recipe from Sweet C Designs:

http://www.sweetcsdesigns.com/10-minute-baked-cinnamon-sugar-donut-holes/

The donut holes turned out great, but Sweet C and her family must like cinnamon *way* more than we do!  One of the things I loved about this recipe was that it called for lemon extract as well as vanilla (both of which I make myself), so the donut holes had a delicious light lemony taste.  My son loves anything lemon flavored, so I decided to put a lemon glaze on the donut holes instead of cinnamon, and it was awesome!  Here is the lemon glaze I used:

1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tsp lemon extract
2 tablespoons melted butter
1 Tbsp lemon juice

Mix the ingredients well, and then pipe onto the hot donut holes.  Yum!


No comments: