Friday, April 1, 2011

Pink Baby Dress and Purse

We're off to the mountains for while as the boys are on spring break. We're going to visit family on both sides, and I get a voice lesson from my grad school teacher---plus in exchange for spending one day of our vacation at a workshop for my job, the federal government is paying our gas money.

In the meantime, just to prove I don't save all the frou-frou for the guest room to spare my hubby's manly sensibilities, here is a little pink vignette from the master bedroom:

This is one of my baby dresses. I guess that makes it vintage, haha! It is a very pale, faded pink.

I carried this little pink purse at my wedding. It was just big enough to carry a tiny bit of perfume, a lipstick, and my "something old" (a handkerchief embroidered by my great-grandmother.)

And finally, on the shelf, a little teapot---given to me by my admin. assistant at my old job---and a thrifted tea cup. Happy Pink Saturday! I hope to find some fun things to share with you up in North Carolina!

3 comments:

Shabbyprimdelights said...

Love the pretty little dress and that purse is divine.
Happy Pink Saturday
Michelle

Unknown said...

Katahy, that dress is darling. It looks like smocking on the bodice ... ? Reminds me of the baby dresses my siblings wore.
Very pretty treasures.
Happy April PS ~
TTFN ~
Marydon

GIVEAWAY ENDS 4/5

Lounging with a Latte said...

HI Kathy, thanks for visiting so I could discover your blog. I must let you know I had posted the wrong link for 'Pink Saturday', that's why it took you to 'something blue'!. I've put a message on that post now. How embarrasing!!