Friday, April 22, 2011

Bunny Mania!

You would not believe me if I tried to tell you everything this family has done in the last two weeks, so just take my word for it that I haven't been slacking even though I haven't been posting!

Today, though, I had the day off work for Good Friday and puttered around the house this morning before heading out to do chores. The past two years I've been too busy to dig out the Easter tree, and things were looking a little bare. I suddenly realized that one of my collections would be perfect Easter decor---I have been collecting stuffed Easter bunnies for over 20 years. So, I dragged the bunnies out of the guest bedroom and into the living room, and here are the results. Y'all can see why I'm not a professional decorator: I don't know when to stop!
The black and white bunny above came from Hampton Court Palace in England.

The pink and brown matching bunnies below were the two that I started my collection with. My mom gave them to me for Easter one year when I was an undergraduate in college.




I put these ceramic bunnies out every Easter, but this year I dressed them up with some pink garland and flowers.






I love this little bunny bowl my mother-in-law found at a yard sale for me a couple of years ago!



This year she sent me these two finds (probably thrifted---she loves a good yard sale as much as I do!): a bunny lamp and a bunny table-sitter.



Happy Easter/Passover/Earth Day/Spring and Happy Pink Saturday!



5 comments:

Chubskulit Rose said...

Gorgeous!

Pink bonding at my page, come and see. Have a wonderful Easter celebration!

Sarah said...

Kathy, bunnies are hopping about all over at HFTS. Stop by if you have time. Your bunnies are really cute. They do multiply quickly, don't they?
Happy Easter! ~ Sarah

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Oh my!, so much fun all those darling bunnies, multiplying like that! Next year I need to buy, at least one bunny...gosh, I'm bunnyless! Love it!
Have a sweet and happy Easter.
I'm at PINK SAT. too!
FABBY

Rebecca said...

Wow girl! You have quite a collection! Happy Easter!

decorating diva {aka deanna} said...

hi kathy! thanks for visiting me @ cottageromance.blogspot.com and for ur sweet comment! that is really nice of you! love ur easter table too! very pretty!